Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 8

Dear Mom and Dad
Thank you for the gum and the Letters! The only problem is that its against the rules to chew gum here and in the mission field. It's kind of a bummer I know but I  know if i follow the rules I will be blessed with the gift of tongs.

Sounds Like there is a lot of things going on. I'm really sad to here about Ray. That really stinks. At least we know where he's at. But it is still hard. That is good Kelsey's surgery went OK. I don't blame her for not liking the brace, I wouldn't like it either. She will be grateful later in life.

The days are starting to blend together. I can't believe that It's been 16 days since I've gotten here.   The routine really works for me and all the other elders. The only frustrating thing here is the fact that I can't say the things on my mind in Spanish. It is a huge handy capt when I am teaching because I know what I need to say, I just don't know how. But I'll get it. Just like it says in 1 Nephi 3:7 The Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way that they may accomplish the things he commandth them.  For example we ( my companion and I ) had a killer lesson planned for one of our investigators and when we went to translate it we had to go to a "last minuet meeting" for the Maestros. So we didn't get to translate it. It was so frustrating because we still had to teach. So we said a prayer and just went for it. The lesson went OK, but it wasn't the knock out we had in mind. But the spirit guided us and we didn't scare her off. We were very blessed to have the ability given to us.

We haven't had a Speak your language night yet, but tomorrow my companion and I are going to try to "no hablo ingles" Or not speak English. It is going to be crazy hard. Thanks for all your support
Love you for always
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment