Friday, July 29, 2011

July 29

Life is good here at the MTC. Although I'm ready to go to Mexico.  I should get my flight plans in a week from thursday.
My companion Elder McAllister and I had our first investigator comit to baptism. It might have only been our teacher pretending to be someone he taught while he was on his mission, but it still way powerful and and an exiting experience. I cant wait untill there real people. Its amazing how close to feeling like a real investigator my teachers can get, even though they are RMs. The Holy Ghost can even tell us a head of time what the mock investigator needs to here to want to learn more. Its amazing.
I also gave my first talk in spanish last Sunday. The first day we are here they give us a paper with a list of topics on it. Every Sunday they have 2 random missionaries speak for 3 min in Spanish. Last weeks was on the Holy Ghost. I still cant believe he called on me. I was so nervous when I went up to speak, I said a prayer and went for it. It was funny the sooner i looked up and stopped using my notes the better the talk went. The first half of the talk was a paragraph i coppied stright out of the PMG (Preach my gospel) and the rest was something I came up with and translated my self. I read the part that was from the PMG then looked up and just talked. It was cool. I didn't think that i would be able to do that in Spanish yet.
I haven't meet Elder Murdoch yet. All the Spanish missionaries hang out together that are in my branch. We have 4 districts in my branch. Our branch presidency got a 4th member Sunday - its a huge branch. Theres about 1200 Spanish speeking missionaries here at any one given time. thats more than doubble the 500 english missionaries that are here. although the english missionaries are only here for 3 weeks so if they would have to stay here for 9 weeks there would be 1500 English.  So there are a ton of Spanish missionaries here.

I really hope they don't change my language during my mission, i'm having a hard of enough time learning Spanish  Although its not unheard of up here.

I love you guys
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment