Dear Family
It has been a crazy week here at the MTC! I've finally had something new in the week! It has been nice to finally break out of the normal routine. This last Wednesday I got to be a host and welcome new missionaries to the MTC. It was an awesome experience. I love unloading the missionaries. It is one, if not my favorite things to do here at the MTC. It's interesting to see how different families take the good bye. Some are quick, some long and take forever. Although I've noticed that the sister missionary say good by the fastest. I helped one sister that came, it took like 30 sec to say good by. It took longer to get her bag out of the car than it did to say good bye. It was crazy. Then the Elders take longer by 2 or 3 min. Id guess it's because the sisters missionaries have made up there mind before hand because they don't have to go. But the elders are a lot younger, there are some more mature sisters here and it is more expected for them to go. And the sisters most likely have already left home for at least 2 years, and elders haven't lived a way from home for a significant amount of time. It was really and interesting experience. I really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to next week when I get to do it again.
I am most excited to tell you about my Travel Plans!!!!!!! I am so excited to finally get out of here, yet slightly terrified at the same time. Here is the flight plan:
US Airways flight 158 out of SLC at 7:10 am Aug 2011 to Phoenix
Then at 9:45 I fly on US Airways flight 173 from Phoenix to Mexico City arriving at 2:55 pm.
I think I get to call you from Phoenix, but I might call from Mexico. I will have a 2 hour layover in Phoenix and it would be cheaper. Ill send word as soon a I learn more.
Everything is good here at the MTC. We listened to some native speakers translate talks on the fly today. The were recordings of Interpreters and I could understand a good portion of the espanol.
I love you and look forward to talking to you on the 22.
Love ya for ever
Para Siempre Dios Esta con Vos
Elder Sorensen
1
No comments:
Post a Comment