Saturday, September 17, 2011



¡Hola!

Sorry it didn't write on Monday. We had our p-day changed to tomorrow because today is the Independence day of Mexico. So everyone and their dog is going to be drunk tomorrow so that's going to be our p-day. I'm writing you today because tomorrow there is a good chance that the internet shops are not going to be open.

Like I said today is the independence day of Mexico, so there are tons of little firework shops EVERY WHERE!!! It’s so hard not to buy them. I've figured out all the prices and there really cheap. You can get 3 mortar shells (the real loud ones that get shot into the air and explode) that are the size of a tennis ball for 10 bucks. And to make things easier there are kids everywhere that are playing with them. They have some cool ones. One is just a stick of dynamite that they catapult into the air it’s really sweet. But I expect tonight to be a little crazy.

Last Tuesday I had my first dream with Spanish in it, and I'm finding that when i go to write words I use a ton in Spanish and I have to translate it from Spanish to English. So Spanish is starting to come. I still can’t fully understand the natives but I can pick more words out every day.

Trackting in Spanish is difficult at times because I don't know exactly the words that I need to say and the key parts of the doctrine for all the lessons. I really like how we tract though. In lesson 1 we get the investigator to say that their church isn't true. We use the Bible almost more that we use the Book of Mormon, because all the people believe in the bible here, whether they worship the grim reaper, Virgin Mary or are just straight up Catholic. So we explain to them using the Bible that the Church of Christ had 4 things:
1. Prophets
2. 12 apostles
3. The authority of god (priesthood)
4. Received revelation
Using Ephesians’ 2:20, or others, and then ask if the Church of Jesus Christ was perfect. They always say yes. Then we ask if we change the church of Christ is it still perfect? They again say no. Then ask if they know of a church that has all of those 4 characteristics, and they say no. It’s cool. I like it.

My companion can teach almost all of the principles of the Gospel from the Bible, at least enough to disprove all the weird things that people ask and or believe. I'm sure I will know it really well by the time this transfers over.

My companion is from Bearacruze Mexico. He is an only child and was converted when he was 8 years old. He says hola ha ha.

Fried pig skin is............. different, and doesn't taste like bacon. It’s hard to believe that isn't the weirdest thing that I’ve eaten.

I'm kind of getting use to living in Mexico, teaching and walking a ton - the hills are straight up. Although it is still weird at times, I'm the minority here and I am the butt end of a lot of jokes. The buses keep things fun.

Love ya forever

Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment