Monday, September 19, 2011
September 19, 2011
Hola!
It’s good to hear from you guys! We are back on the regular schedule for P-Days now. It’s weird to think that there are only 2 more weeks of this transfer (even though I will be with my same companion). The Independence Day was cool; There were a lot of drunks. Two or so nights ago we got woken up to TNT at 5:45 - 6:00 it was really kind of annoying. Most of the fireworks here are lame except for the occasional good ones. My favorite is a rocket with TNT on top, they are so loud. You can hear them from miles when they go off. The rest are just cheep and junky.
The temple sounds like it was a good time. I somewhat miss it; they don’t let us go out here. The only time we can go is when one of our investigators goes through the temple and right before I come home.
I’m sure Zach did great on his talk. I’m also sure he’s nervous but probably more excited than nervous. Have him send me his address for the MTC or give it to you and send it to me. Tell him that the the MTC is awesome, he’s going to meet lots of new friends, he’s ready, that time flies once you get in to the mission field, it has for me. Do everything you can to keep focused, and to keep in touch with me.
Captain Moroni is my favorite leader in the Book of Mormon. I wish I could study better and more in depth in the book of Mormon than I get to right now. One of the things that my Mission Pres. told me before I got into the field was to not study in English, and if I wanted I could read in Spanish then English. But reading in both takes longer so right now I’m studding the pamphlets about the lesson and figuring out what the most important parts are (writing down all the words that I don’t know, sometimes translating them at the same time) so I only get to read for about 15 -20 min in the Book of Mormon every day in Spanish. But I’m starting to get the lessons down. I’m about to the point where I can teach without my companions help (not perfect, but I can explain most of it on my own).
Spanish is coming I’m starting to understand what the speakers are saying on Sunday and can understand most of what my comp says when he slows down a little. Thanks for all your prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment