Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Hola Familia
February 20, 2012
It has been a crazy week. We are in the process of finding new people to teach this week. We found a sweet family of 4, the only problem is that the mom is seperated from the dad, but they came to church last Sunday and from what i can tell they liked it. We have a lesson with them this Tuesday. It sounds like everything is good at home. I never thought that Jacob would go to a dance in a pink tux, but they looked good. Wish grandpa luck for me, hes in my prayers. We had a conference with the Mission President this week it was really good. He talked to us about how we need to stay obedient so we don't fall in the pride cycle. Most of the powerful missionaries and leaders ended there mission last transfer, about 24 give or take. We had expected to recieve about that same number in newbies but only 4 came. The rest are waiting for their Visa. It was a grat conference. I learned a lot. I've learned how to work with the ward leaders this week to. The church leaders here are all really young RMs, and the Bishop is brand new. I asked the prez for advice and he gave me some real good advice. We will see how it goes talking to the Bishopric this Wednesday. One thing that I have noticed here is that the wards aren't near as strong as the ones in Idaho, and the Ward Leaders really don't know what there doing sometimes and that makes problems for us. Usually we just call the Zone Leaders and they take care of the problem with the stake president. This ward seems like it has potential to grow. One of the things that the president told us in the zone conference is that starting next month I can only send one letter home via email, so if the little girls wright me I can't respond. So we were on the subway the other day and this dude got on and started playing his guitar and playing this flute like thing. It is like a bunch of different sized tubes that he blows on to make different pitched whistling sounds. It was really cool. I took a video to show dad but google wont let me send it, its to big. But he did a good job. I will have to find a way to send it to you.
Well I have got to go.
Love you Forever
Elder Steven Tray Sorensen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment