Thursday, January 12, 2012




December 26, 2011
Hola Familia!!! It was so good to talk to all of you. It was awesome to say the least. I will see you on Mother's day!
Elder Sorensen and Elder Barajas

Elder Sorensen and Elder Barajas in Jardines(his first area)
Like I told you we baptized a man named Miguel Sanchez Dominges. He is really cool. He accepted everything really well and wanted to get baptized, but would never let us set a date for him. We used the "hey I am leaving on Monday and would like to see you get baptized." He was like "ok! Let's do it". He was really excited for his baptism he just needed to set his mind on a day. When we went to pick him up he wasn't at his house so we waited a bit, then we heard him yell at us. We had gone to the store real quick, he was power walking to get to his house. Once we were in his house he let us in and just started running from room to room getting ready. When he was ready he said "lets go". Once we were at the church and changed into our baptism clothes he was ready to just run right into the font. we stopped him and told him about the program we had planned. It was real cool. He was way excited to get baptized. I am so glad he got baptized.
Elder Sorensen Elder Baraja and Miguel Sanchez Dominges

So I’m in my new area, its right in the middle of the Federal District or Mexico City. It’s really cool, from what I can tell it’s really kind of small, my new comp (Elder Beltrán) said that we can walk from one side to the other in 45min. but there is still a ton of people here to work with, we even have some to baptize this Sunday. It’ll be real good change.
My comp is Elder Beltrán. His house is right under California, I think. He goes home in 6 weeks or at the end of this change. He’s cool. He was a Zone leader and got taken out to be a trainer but the elder he was training went home for some reason, so I’m with him. He told me that he wants me to essentially do everything, and he’s going to act more of a guide. He said that he thinks I’ll be a trainer next transfer, which would be really cool. So I’m really excited, he talks a lot to so I should learn a lot of Spanish to.

My trip out here was really kind of interesting. We had a member take us out to a point where we all split up and went to our different areas. But the member had a moving truck that had seats for 3 but there were like 6 missionaries and 1 member that needed to go, so 4 of us got to sit in the back with all the luggage. It was kind of cool.

So a while ago I was on interchanges with the ZLs and I stayed the night with Elder Ostler and we studied to and we were talking about what we read in the Book of Mormon for personal study and it happened that I had read Alma 46. And we applied verse 12 to missionary work it was really cool. It’s the verse about the title of liberty where it says in memory of our God, Religion.... Elder Ostler made a real cool comment, he made the point that it’s really a war out here and we are at the front lines, us missionaries, and how important it is that we have our motivation in the right source. Lots of times with the wars in the Book of Mormon the Nephites are outnumbered, by a lot; it always says that the Nephites remembered why they are fighting for and in the end come out on top. So thank you guys for all your support, and love it’s good to know and a comfort that I have some much people at home rooting for me. Thanks a million.

I love you all so much, and forever
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment