Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 16, 2012
Elder Sorensen and Elder Beltran at the baptism of Cesar, Alredio, Patricia, and Jasmine. 
It sounds like everyone is doing great. It really is good to hear that everything is going well.

We had 4 baptisms this week, Cesar, Alfredio, Patricia, and Jasmine. They went well, and we have been blessed to have 4 more baptisms this coming Sunday. Cesar is the one that I told you about last week. He’s 27 years old, and I found out that he knows Latin. He can read it, write it and speak it.


I’m so glad that they ended up going through. Cesar and I have become more friends than anything. Last Saturday we were talking with him in a lesson and I related the ¨I found my friend story with him¨; it really does apply with us. I can tell we meet before we came here and he can to. Cesar has had many trials. While we were teaching him lesson 1, his boss sent him a text telling him essentially that he didn’t have a job any more. So he’s managed to make it through that. At the baptism he got sick in the stomach from a bad taco or something, and had to leave to by Pepto-Bismol, then he got a text from one of his friends saying that she (a famous Mexican singer) wanted him to come do a show with her (a gig) and that the flight left at 1:30 if he wanted to go. But he stayed and made it through and had a great experience in his baptism.

I just received the banner from the ward last Tuesday, it’s really cool. Make sure you thank the bishop for me.

We had another busy week and have taught a ton of people. We had 32 lessons this week and have 12 new contacts. It’s good to be busy. I’m defiantly learning a ton of stuff from my comp Elder Beltran. We are definitely different; he has a really different teaching style and has a lot of experience, although sometimes I have to admit that he doesn’t share his wisdom very well at times. But I’m learning a ton from him and we are getting along.

I should finish the Book of Mormon this week. I’m in Moroni 7 as of today. It’s taken me about 3 and half months, but I’ve about read it all in Spanish. I can about understand it all. I’ve found its easier to pray in Spanish than in English also. It was weird I tried to pray in English and I found myself using Spanish words without knowing it.

Thanks for all your support and prayers they’ve helped a ton, their being answered.
Love you forever
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment