Thursday, January 5, 2012

December 5 2010
!!Hola familia!!!
First off we had a baptism!!! whoo hooo. It's been a while since we've had one in my area. We've had a few people get close, bet we finally got one in the water. Her name is Ester. Shes about 45ish years old. Our friends working in the other part of the ward gave her to us as a referral. Shes real cool. She lives in a house with 3 rooms (ya that is it), 1 bed room 1 bed/kitchen and what they call a bath room. There both about the size of moms bed, the house is tinny. Were glad that she has friends that go to the same church or she wouldn't have gotten baptized. She was all good with it but got a little freaked out in the interview. So we had a combined lession with her and her daughter in law (who got baptized like 2 weeks ago), and that really helped commit her her to baptism again.

Alright to the other big news! Christmas!!!! We found out last Tuesday whats going down (because its on Sunday), I'll have church for an hour in the morning 8:00 here 7:00 in Idaho. After that were going to go to a members house and we can SKYPE!! Whahooooooooo!!!! I'm not sure what time I'm going to be able to skype you. We get an hour no more no less. If i'ts any more we will lose the ability to Skype. I've talked to the ward mission leader (in spanish) and he said that we could use his lap top, the only thing is that my comp and 2 more elders are going to use it to so i'll make some plans and get back to you on whats going to happen. If you could send me all of you Skype information thats all that i'll need. Thanks a ton. I'm way exited to get to see you guy's. I'll see you in 20 days :)

Its cool that you got a letter from my Mission Prez. No one had told me I had moved up to be a senior companion, it doesn't really matter right now because my comps the District leader and has the say over every one. hahaha.

I can't believe that you didn't want a new TV. I would have been exited, haha. Being out hear really made me want to develop more talents, I might not even buy a new X Box when I get home (at least not right away hahaha).  I don't think i ever want to stop being a missionary, everyone tells me that there's no way that i can extend but i'm going to give it my best shot. If i cant, i'll get to come home with the mission president, which would be cool.

The weathers really nice here and i never am cold, with exception to a few of the mornings. My compainion is always freezing, and i'm fine in a short sleeve shirt. Its funny really, but it seams that all the Americans get use to it here in a year, so well see how i'll do next winter.

Spanish is coming, its frustrating at times because I can't express myself very well with my companion. Its helped me realize how important communication is in a relationship. All in all its getting way better. It seems that after the transfer it just jumped up a ton. I don't know why, but everything seems to work in transfers here. I can understand enough to know whats going on in all the lessons and in seat contacts and enough to understand most of the BoM, but i'm still working on the ability to speak it as well as I understand it. Everyone said that once you can understand what everyone else is saying you just take off, which is has. Thank you for all your prayers.

Last Wednesday we had a conference with a Elder Jonson (I can't remember what his first name is, but he's over all of mexico) It was really cool. I learned a lot. The first thing that he did was commit all the latino Elders to studying English for an hour a day. So the non english speaking elders are going to have a language study time for English, which is kinda funny because we don't even have a time to study Spanish.

My times up, so I got to go.
Love you forever
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment