April 16, 2012
Hola Familia!!
It is great to get to here from you guys again. It has been a good week here in Mexico. The work is moving on here in Roma. We have had 35 lessons this week and 140 contacts. We have just been working hard, and we have found a lot of cool people.
David got ordained to the priesthood last Sunday. They are going to present him in front of the stake this next Sunday to give him the Melchizedek priesthood. I am really excited for that. I am sending a picture of them and me. They are the ones that i took to get married. It is great to see them keep going. They are still planning on visiting me/us when i come home. They are one of the coolest families that I've had the opportunity to get to teach.
Luz Maria got confirmed Sunday too. It was cool she showed up all by her self and is doing everything. She told us that when we first found her she didn't think that we were that great, because we talked about things different than the Jehovah Witness, but she then said how great full that she was that we keep after her (we dropped her for 2 weeks) but then went to invite her to conference. From there she just lit on fire. Ha ha, it was sweet.
My friend Elder Lee found out today that his brother (working in the MTC) got to teach David Archaleta. ha ha that would be a really cool opportunity.
We got to play soccer today and i got fried. Ha ha ha. I forgot sunscreen. I still don't get how I can work all day in the sun and I don't get burned, but i play soccer for an hour and i get fried to a crisp.
This week we have just had a full week of lessons. We did at long last commit a family to get baptized. It was sweet we had the weirdest interchanges too. The district leader came and changed with my comp to do an interview Sunday during church. Then Elder Lee and I went and taught 2 teenagers. They were awesome lessons the spirit was so strong in each one of them. We talked to Brad about a few commandments and answered all of his questions. At the end his only question was "how can we get my brother to get baptized with me?" I told him to just tell his brother and to ask him to do it to. So we pulled his brother out of class and they went and talked. 5 minuets later they came and told me that they were going to do it but they wanted to talk to their mom. She was somewhat star struck and really happy. The ward is now really exited for it too. The family has so many problems with everything. But you can tell that things are getting better. They are another amazing family too.
I have no idea how the people manage to have good strong families here. The families in the church are close to the only families that are secure. I've gotten to see how the gospel has helped many families. Its great! Its a huge testimony builder.
Love you forever
Elder Sorensen
No comments:
Post a Comment