Tuesday, October 16, 2012



¡Hola Famili

I am glad to here that everything is good back home.

I am going to be a Dad! Or in other words I am going to be a trainer. When you train someone your are that Missionary's mission Dad and his your kid. I don't know who my new comp is going to be but will get to find out tomorrow. I am also opening an area called Molinito 1B. From what I have heard I am going to baptize a lot here. It is a poor area and there is always a lot of baptisms here. I will let you know how the area is. I have no idea how it is - except that I am going to have to take a shower out of a bucket.

Hey just a FYI I pulled out some money this week. I needed a little extra, and i bought some gifts for some converts I am leaving behind. I bought a Spanish triple, a little future missionary name tag, Jesus the Christ in Spanish and a few DVDs. Thank you for keeping a little bit of money there for me. I shouldn't need to pull any more out for a wile. Thanks a million X 10 again for that - it really helps.




We had 2 Baptisms this week. Amalia Sanchez and Dolores Bautista. Amalia was a old investigator we found a while ago and she told us she wanted to be baptized, so we worked with her and everything came through. The other is Dolores. She is way cool! About 4 - 3 weeks ago I got a call in my District meeting from the USA and a Member gave me a reference. Delores was that reference. Shes way cool! She is the one where i have a picture of us in the water. It turns out that her brother passed away and she had been asking all the questions like where is my brother... so we taught lesson 2, she was so ready to hear it. She accepted every word that we said. We had many spiritual lessons with her but we could never ask her to accept a baptismal date. For some reason we could never get to the question. But this last Tuesday we went over and she told us that she told her family that she was going to get baptized. It was awesome. She also made friends with Luz Maria at conference. She is a convert who is awesome. They were super happy to be there. It was a great day.

Real quick our mission had 425 baptisms and 433 confirmations this month :) We have about 90 companionships in the mission. What a miracle! The president is pushing us to 500 - that's the goal.



It was some what hard to leave the area, I have lots of friends here. David and Elizabeth made me a birthday cake. it was awesome and gave me a Angry Birds pillow (i gave them the triple). They are great people.




Thanks for all the support.

Love you forever.
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment