Tuesday, October 16, 2012

hola familia mia

I have had a good week. I can't believe that i have bee 10 months in the mission. It is crazy!

We had a couple of baptisms this week. We had baptisms on Friday and on Sunday.  Brandon Brad and Alondra got baptized this last Friday and Laura and Felicitas got baptized Sunday.  It was a good week. Brad and his family have been coming to church for about a week and finally committed to getting baptized a week ago. It was cool! Once Brandon was set on getting baptized he wanted his family to follow him, so he went and started to talk to everyone in his family to get them to get baptized. He is a quarter back for a some what famous Mexican football team. So hes given up a lot to make this decision to get baptized.
View DSCF9551.JPG in slide show
Laura and Felicitas are real cool, they were Catholic but they went inactive. So they came to our church and I have to say that I have learned a lot teaching them. They understood and accepted everything. They accepted a fecha but as the day got closer they were less and less firm in their decisions. Sunday came and they changed their minds. It was sad but we keep after them. My comp and the District Leader went on interchanges and  re-committed them to get baptized and they did. It was really cool.
View DSCF9553.JPG in slide showView DSCF9552.JPG in slide show

We had interviews with the President Sunday too. It was a really good interview. I have been blessed with a descent amount of success in this area. The President told me that it isn't usually seen in the area that I am in, so he checked me on my humility. He told me what i need to do to take it up and notch and put power and humility in my teaching and being. I am  kind of anxious to know what I'm going to do in the next change.

I loved the Ester package! It was a great surprise when i got it! I had forgotten about how awesome jelly beans are. :) Thanks a ton!

Make sure that you wish dad and Abby happy birthday for me!! The pictures look great.

Love you forever
Elder Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment